"The town of Leith, close to Edinburgh on the east coast of Scotland, has ancient and notable associations with the game of golf. It was at Leith that the first golf club was formed in 1744. Called the Company of Edinburgh Golfers at that time, it became better known as the Honourable Company of Edinburgh Golfers." Includes a reproduction of the account books of Sir John Foulis of Ravelston.
8vo. 50pp. 3 fold-out illustrations. Green quarter leather over green cloth with title label mounted to front cover. No.8 of a Limited Edition of 50 copies produced in quarter leather and signed by the author. A further dedication from the author to Fred Hawtree, the well-known golf course designer, to half-title page.
£180.00 (Code: 37077)Add to basket